Before the build could take place a lot of work happened. You may have already read about clearing the basement in previous post so I don’t have to rehash that… I am referring to the long planning process including:
- Hours referencing the THREE instruction manuals for the build of the murphy bed and figuring out the best way to layout the plywood to use the most out of the 6 sheets that are required.
- Drawing out each step so it made sense in my head and when it came to building it would (hopefully) go smoother.
- Building of the bookcases I plan to put on either side (or at least most of them) and configuring them to fit cabinet doors I already had and are repurposing.
- Staining boards and bookcase tops
- Removing base board trim around the room
- Cutting out what I could of the murphy bed materials
- Assembling the bed framework
Since I knew I only had my friends services for the weekend I knew much had to be done ahead of time or we wouldn’t finish. (I laugh at this statement now because I ALWAYS think projects won’t take as long as they do…hahaha…THEY.ALWAYS.TAKE.LONGER!)
Even with all the prep work done ahead of the build weekend there was still a lot of work to do.