REFRESH & ORGANIZE is the theme I am going to have for this year. With two little kids and what seems to be less and less time for everything these days, it is a necessity to be organized. I will be the first one to admit I strive to be organized and love nothing more than when everything is in its place but I am not the best at continuing to stay organized. So that will be a personal goal for this year along with becoming more minimal in the things that I need.
Goals for this year would be:
- Organize files safely in new storage cabinet
- Better organize the storage room
- Install organizational closet systems in our entry closet
- Organize guest room closet to be useful storage instead of a storage for all the things we don’t know what else to do with
- Create better storage for seasonal gear
- PURGE then refresh artwork and accessories/decor throughout the whole house
- Reupholster a vintage couch
- Reupholster a vintage arm chair
- Reupholster an armless chair
- Completely redecorate the sitting room to be a room I am proud of being the front of the house (the first room you see) instead of a room that makes me shake my head every time I sit in it for more than 10 minutes. Project requires painting walls, rearranging furniture, painting furniture, new end tables, desk (?), new curtains.
- (The ominous “I’m going to lose 10 pounds” resolution is upon everyone this time of year, or at least for the next couple of weeks) but we do need a workout space and I have just the corner for it!
- Update our 90s – not kid safe – metal railing between our kitchen and family room. Need to make it more ‘us’
If I accomplish all of this in a year it will probably be a miracle but it’s good to have goals…right!?